Record Details

NHER Number:32069
Type of record:Building
Name:Riverside Farm, Easthaugh

Summary

A two storey timber framed building of about 1600 with a pantiled roof and later 18th and 19th century brick rebuilding.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 0838 1751
Map Sheet:TG01NE
Parish:LYNG, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK

Full description

September 1996. Field Observation.
A timber framed building of three cells and two storeys, of about 1600, but unusually with an unglazed window on the ground floor as well as the first floor. The parlour block and east gable wall were rebuilt in brick in the 18th century and the south wall of the hall was rebuilt in brick, the service wall rebuilt and the roof raised in the 19th century.
See report (S1) and photographs (S2) in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 16 September 1996.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)
  • INN (16th Century to 19th Century - 1600 AD to 1900 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED BUILDING (16th Century to 21st Century - 1600 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status - none

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Unpublished Document: Rose, E.. 1996. Building Report.. Building Report.
<S2>Photograph: HMP 10-15.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2021 Norfolk Historic Environment Service