|Type of record:||Building|
The present Hall was built in the early 20th century, after a much older Hall was destroyed by fire.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 13280 20858|
|Parish:||BRANDISTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
The present Guton Hall was constructed after 1903 when the older hall was demolished; the present building is much smaller than its predecessor. See (S1).
Tom Martin drew coats of arms in the old hall and so it was there long before 1730, see (S2).
- GREAT HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1066 AD to 1903 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1889 - 1891. Ordnance Survey first edition 6 inch map.. 1:10,560. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Martin, T.. 1772. Church Notes. |
Related records - none
Find out more...