|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds scatter|
Pottery fragments dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods, and a medieval silver ring decorated with the figure of St John the Baptist, found by metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 39 08|
|Parish:||ACLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
April to May 1999. Metal detecting.
18 Roman to Post Medieval pottery fragments.
Post Medieval glass fragment.
Undated mortar fragment.
Medieval gilded silver finger ring bezel, TREASURE.
See list in file.
K. Hinds, (NLA) 8 March 2000.
Medieval silver ring fragment found.
Disclaimed as Treasure. See Treasure receipt in file. (NB figure on bezel is St John Baptist not Christ).
A. Rogerson, (NLA) 6 November 2000.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- MORTAR (VESSEL) (Undated)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINGER RING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WINDOW GLASS (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...