|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Bronze Age, Roman, Late Saxon, medieval and post-medieval metal finds|
One Roman coin, a gold medieval quarter noble coin and a medieval harness pendant were found by metal-detecting in this area. A 15th century dog's head spout from a ewer was found in 2008. Metal-detecting in 2011 recovered a Late Bronze Age socketed axehead fragment, a Late Saxon harness link, post-medieval spur and spoon.
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||COLBY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1998. Metal-detecting.
One Roman coin.
Gold quarter noble.
See list and (S1) in file.
Area not thoroughly searched.
D. Gurney (NLA), 11 September 1998.
Before 2 February 2007. Metal-detecting.
Medieval harness pendant.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 April 2007.
Before 14 November 2008. Metal-detecting.
15th-century dog's head spout from an ewer.
See description in file
A. Rogerson (NLA), 18 November 2008.
April-May 2011. Metal-detecting.
Late Bronze Age socketed axe fragment (S2), Late Saxon and post-medieval metal objects.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 14 July 2011.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- HARNESS FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- EWER (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SPOON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SPUR (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid. |
|<S2>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2011. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age socketed axehead.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...