|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and medieval finds scatter|
Metal detecting at this site has recovered a copper alloy Roman crossbow brooch, a medieval copper alloy candle snuffer, a medieval copper alloy harness mount decorated with a winged bird or a dragon and a medieval copper alloy and red enamel buckle and plate.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 33 21|
|Parish:||ASHMANHAUGH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1991. Metal detecting.
D. Gurney (NLA) 14 November 1991.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Medieval - 43 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1996. TG 3321AD - AF. |
|---||Monograph: Ashley, S.. 2002. Medieval Armorial Horse Furniture in Norfolk.. East Anglian Archaeology. Vol 101. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...