|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of a post medieval drainage windmill|
This is the site of a post medieval drainage windmill marked on Faden's map of 1797 and Bryant's map of 1826. By the first edition 1 inch OS Map of 1837-8, the mill had been removed and a new site established to the west.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 411 116|
|Parish:||UPTON WITH FISHLEY, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
West of Wey Bridge, south of river.
Site of drainage mill marked on (S1).
E. Rose (NAU) 7 January 1980.
Also appears to be marked in this location on (S2) but had been removed and new site established to the west on (S3) see NHER 8606.
A. Yardy (HES), 28 July 2011.
- DRAINAGE MILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1780 AD to 1836 AD?)
- WINDMILL (18th Century to 19th Century - 1780 AD? to 1836 AD?)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|<S1>||Publication: Faden, W. and Barringer, J. C. 1989. Faden's Map of Norfolk in 1797. |
|<S2>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
|<S3>||Map: Ordnance Survey. 1824-1836. Ordnance Survey First Edition 1 inch.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...