|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric pot boilers and Neolithic and Bronze Age finds|
Prehistoric pot boilers, pieces of fired clay dating to the Neolithic period, Neolithic pottery, Bronze Age pottery and a barbed and tanged arrowhead, found in 1958.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 789 200|
|Parish:||GREAT MASSINGHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
19 flint gritted sherds, a Neolithic bowl?
8 pieces daub or fired clay.
3 pot boilers, 2 stone fragments.
Information from F. Healy (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 30 April 1979.
(S1) gives this as 'Calcined flints, Bronze Age pot, 2 barbed and tanged arrowheads found May 1958 by '.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Undated)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ARCHITECTURAL FRAGMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: Kings Lynn Museum. KLM 6 inch Record Map. |
Related records - none
Find out more...