|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of a medieval cross|
A medieval cross is marked at this spot on a map of the Le Strange estate drawn up in 1625. There is no cross there now.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 7273 3559|
|Parish:||FRING, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of Fring Cross as marked on (S1). It may be one of those now at gates of Hillington Park.
Information from (S2).
No trace of cross on site now.
E. Rose (NAU), 6 June 1979.
- CROSS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Map: 1625. Le Strange Estate Plan. |
|<S2>||Archive: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TF 73 NW 25. |
Related records - none
Find out more...