|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Possible site of medieval deserted settlement|
This ploughed-out earthworks of this site are visible as soilmarks on aerial photographs, and these may be the remains of a medieval deserted settlement and fishponds. The field name Fish Pond Close is recorded on the 19th century tithe map.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 74287 05457|
|Parish:||BEACHAMWELL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1965 to 6 and 1978.
Soilmarks of ploughed out earthworks.
Called deserted medieval village by J. K. St. Joseph (CUCAP)
Photograph seen E. Rose (NAU) 7 August 1978.
E. Rose (NAU) 1978.
Informant notes that the All Saints Tithe Map calls the eastern of the two fields Fish Pond Close.
E. Rose (NAU) 5 June 1985.
- EARTHWORK (Undated)
- SITE (Undated)
- DESERTED SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FISHPOND (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SITE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: TF 7405A-F, CUCAP AKQ25. |
Related records - none
Find out more...