|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Mesolithic worked flints and medieval finger ring|
In 1961 a late medieval copper alloy finger ring was recovered from this location. A number of Mesolithic flint blades and a microlith was recovered from cultivated areas of the meadow during the early 1980s.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1950 9616|
|Parish:||TASBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1961. Stray Find.
Field east of Tas Ford. Found at approximately same site as Context 1 at location  (see below):
Late medieval copper alloy finger ring. Donated to Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 1961.272). Information from (S1).
Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 28 January 2014.
Before December 1984.
In meadow behind the Old Horseshoes running down to river Tas:
Collection of Mesolithic several blades, 1 obliquely-blunted point and 1 backed bladelet recovered over several years in the course of gardening. Identified by F. Healy (NAU).
These finds were recovered at two locations (Context 1 at  and Context 2 at ), these representing the only two cultivated patches in the meadow. Material may therefore be continuous between them. A previous collection, handed over to Steve Rollo-Smith during the 1980 excavation at site NHER 2258, cannot now be separated from the unstratified material from that excavation.
F. Healy (NAU) 27 December 1984. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 28 January 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BACKED BLADE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- BLADE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- MICROLITH (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FINGER RING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Tasburgh. |
|<S2>||Archive: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
Related records - none
Find out more...