|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman to post medieval objects|
Metal detecting survey in 2006 recovered Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval metal objects, including a Roman nail cleaner and a medieval horse harness pendant on which traces of silvering and red enamel survive.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 26 26|
|Parish:||SWANTON ABBOTT, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
August 2006. Metal detecting.
Late Roman/Early Saxon strap end, Roman nail cleaner, medieval harness pendant and two post medieval coins and buckle.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 26 February 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Early Saxon - 43 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- NAIL CLEANER (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- STRAP END (Roman to Early Saxon - 43 AD to 650 AD)
- HARNESS PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...