|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint flakes and post medieval weight|
Metal detecting in 2005 recovered prehistoric flint flakes and a post medieval lead weight.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 38 09|
|Parish:||ACLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
|BEIGHTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
August-September 2005. Metal-detecting.
1 prehistoric flint retouched flake (extensive steep retouch round the perimeter and signs of ware), 4 flint flakes (secondary, inc 3 with edge damage ?accidental).
1 post-medieval lead trade weight (1/2oz).
weight Identified by S. Ashley (NLA) and flint by P. Robinson (NCM). See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 31 October 2005.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 3 April 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...