|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze Age and medieval finds|
Metal detecting in 2005 and 2006 recovered part of a Late Bronze Age flint knife and a medieval coin and bell.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 10 26|
|Parish:||SALLE, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
Early September 2005. Metal detecting in former meadow.
Small fragment of Late Bronze Age knife blade (S1).
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 8 September 2005.
January-February 2006. Metal-detecting.
1 medieval coin (groat of Henry VII) and 1 rumbler bell (gilt).
Objects Identified by S. Ashley (NLA) and coins by J. Davies (NLA). See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 March 2006.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 27 March 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- KNIFE (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- BELL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PENDANT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2005. Drawing of Late Bronze Age blade.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...