|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Green Farm, Hunworth|
An early 17th century two storey rendered colour-washed house, L-shaped in plan, with later additions and alterations. It retains two original mullioned windows, but only one is complete and others have been totally hidden by rendering. To the rear are 19th century extensions, replacing earlier ones. A map of 1826 shows a bark mill in the area, but its exact location is not known.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 0697 3521|
|Parish:||HUNWORTH, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
|STODY, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Mid 17th century flint and brick house (but one fireplace looks more like about 1600) of somewhat crude detailing. Georgianised with new windows and stack. Present rear extensions, 19th century, replace earlier ones.
See report (S1) and architectural plans (S2) in file. Listed (S3).
E. Rose (NLA), 16 March 2000.
Bryant's map (S4), 1826, marks 'Bark Mill' in this general area; the actual location is unclear. This may have been in the outbuildings of the house.
E. Rose (NLA), 24 April 2001.
- BARK MILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WATERMILL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 2000. Building Report.. |
|<S2>||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|<S3>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S4>||Map: Bryant, A.. 1826. Bryant's Map of Norfolk. |
Related records - none
Find out more...