|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period coins and metal objects|
Metal detecting in 1997 recovered a number of coins from Roman to medieval periods as well as medieval and post medieval metal objects, including a post medieval iron shoe patten from the 17th to 18th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||NORTHREPPS, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1997. Metal detecting. Area searched by group of American metal detectorists on holiday organised by member of the public. .
Late Saxon coin.
Medieval and post medieval coins and metalwork.
See list and coin forms in secondary file.
D. Gurney (NLA), 8 October 1997.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- SHOE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished document: Yardley, C.J.. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project.. p 10. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...