|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric worked flints, Iron Age/Roman terret and medieval pottery|
Fieldwalking here in 1997 recovered medieva pottery sherds and Mesolithic/Early Neolithic and Neolithic worked flint were found the following year. Metal-detecting in 2009 recovered an Iron Age/Roman terret.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2974 2159|
|Parish:||TUNSTEAD, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
3 medieval pottery sherds (one probable French jug - glazed).
W. Milligan (NCM), 9 May 1997.
1998. Stray find.
1 Mesolithic/Early Neolithic flint blade.
1 Neolithic flint rod or stike-a-light.
Identified by P. Robins (NCM). See descriptions and copy of finder's sketches in file.
"Apparently other worked flints found in the past in surrounding fields" (description on enquiry form).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 26 March 1999. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 5 June 2014.
July-August 2009. Metal-detecting.
1 Iron Age/Roman terret.
Identified by S. Ashley (NLA), see description in file.
A. Rogerson, (NLA), 25 September 2009.
- FINDSPOT (Early Mesolithic to Early Neolithic - 10000 BC to 3001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BLADE (Early Mesolithic to Early Neolithic - 10000 BC to 3001 BC)
- STRIKE A LIGHT? (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- HARNESS FITTING (Early Iron Age to Roman - 800 BC to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Illustration: Finds Illustrations. |
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...