|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1994 and 2007 recovered Roman, medieval and post medieval coins, and medieval buckles.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 03 83|
|Parish:||NORTH LOPHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
February/March 1994. Metal detecting.
Roman coin. See list in file.
Seven medieval, one post medieval coins. See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
Bronze medieval buckle-plate, folded sheet, three rivet holes in a row at open end, hole for pin at folded end.
Bronze 14th century buckle with integral forked spacer plate.
Bronze medieval buckle and shield-shaped plate, three rivets, traces of gilding.
Bronze medieval V-shaped ferrule decorated with engraved herring-bone motif.
Bronze early post medieval buckle-frame with grooved pin rest.
Bronze early post medieval double-looped buckle, engraved decoration on frame.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 29 September 1994.
May - June 2007. Metal detecting.
1 medieval coin.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 July 2007.
- FINDSPOT (Roman to Post Medieval - 43 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FERRULE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...