|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval pottery, coins and metalwork finds.|
Metal detecting in 1993 and 2007 recovered medieval pottery and metalwork, including a Papal bull of Alexander III, who ruled between 1159-1181, and medieval and post medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 33 94|
|Parish:||THWAITE, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1993. Metal detector find.
13th century belt stiffener, central boss with grooves and hatched decoration. Lobe on each side with rivet.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), 29 March 1994.
Polaroid (S1) in file.
Compiled by W. Milligan (NCM), 21 December 1993.
June 1993. Metal detecting.
Papal bull of Alexander III (1159-1181). Obverse reads: SPA SPE, and depicts two portraits. Reverse reads: ALEX/ANDER/PP III.
Identified by S. Margeson. (NCM).
J. Davies (NCM), 7 July 1993.
March 2007, AHS club Day out . Metal detecting. Site extended to whole field.
1 medieval coin and 1 post medieval coin, medieval sherd and metal objects.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (AHS), 9 May 2007
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BULL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...