|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Bronze age chisel, medieval spur fragment, 17th century shoe buckle|
Metal detecting in 1992 recovered a medieval spur rowel 'box', an elaborate 17th century shoe buckle, and a badly corroded Middle Bronze Age chisel.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 13 03|
|Parish:||WYMONDHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1992. Metal detector finds along pipe line.
Medieval spur rowel 'box'.
17th century very elaborate (probably shoe) buckle, moulded frame, amazing projecting 'lobes' and ribbed frame.
Middle Bronze Age chisel (badly corroded), (S1).
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), 3 November 1992.
Compiled by W. Milligan (NCM), 30 October 1992.
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- CHISEL (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SPUR (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Unknown. 1992. Drawing of a Middle Bronze Age chisel.. Paper. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...