|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval buckle, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds|
Metal detecting and fieldwalking here in 1991 and 2012 recovered a medieval coin, buckles, and a strap-end along with sherds of medieval and post medieval pottery.
|Grid Reference:||TF 47 11|
|Parish:||WALSOKEN, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
June 1991. Two areas of metal detecting and fieldwalking, west area is Context 2, eastern area Context 1.
Medieval metalwork, medieval and post medieval sherds.
See list in file.
Pottery held by NCM.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 24 July 1991.
June-July 2012. Metal-detecting.
One 11th or 12th century strap-end (S1 and S2) and a medieval buckle.
See details in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 03 September 2012.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP END (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|---||Photograph: FNV14. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2012. Drawing of a medieval gilt copper alloy one-piece strap-end.. Film. 2:1. |
|<S2>||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
Related records - none
Find out more...