|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman coin, Late Saxon brooch, medieval coin and buckle, post medieval jettons|
A stray find of a sherd of medieval/post-medieval Raeren or Aachen stoneware pottery jug as made in about 1981 during dyke clearance. Metal detecting in 1988 a 4th century Roman coin, a fragment of a Late Saxon circular openwork cross-shaped brooch, a medieval buckle plate, a halfpenny of Henry VI, and two Nuremberg jettons were recovered.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 25 07|
|Parish:||TROWSE WITH NEWTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
About 1981. Stray find.
Medieval/post-medieval stoneware jug.
See description in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 20 November 2011.
1988. South of hall ruins.
4th century Roman coin.
Openwork circular Late Saxon cross shaped brooch fragment (S1).
Medieval buckle plate with rocker-arm borders (S1).
Halfpenny of Henry VI, London mint.
Two Nuremberg jettons - stock 16th/17th century and 16th century with ship for use in France.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
Compiled by S. Margeson (NCM), 28 July 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...