|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints from field west of Heath Plantation|
A concentration of prehistoric pot boilers, Neolithic scrapers and Bronze Age flint implements including cores, arrowheads and flakes found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2206 3902|
|Parish:||ROUGHTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
November 1987. Found in fieldwalking.
Context 2. pot boilers all over field, concentration at 2206 3893.
W. Milligan (NCM) 1 December 1987.
All over field: flints.
Neolithic late Neolithic thumbnail scraper.
Bronze Age 11 scrapers, 6 cores, 5 retouched flakes, 42 flakes, unfinished arrowhead (leaf), bifacial fabricator.
See (S1) in file.
Identified by J. Wymer (NAU).
W. Milligan (NCM) 12 January
Neolithic scraper, cortex of good black flint.
All details as last entry.
W. Milligan (NCM) 6 July 1988.
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FABRICATOR (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Finds Illustration. |
Related records - none
Find out more...