|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Royal Observer Corps post, south side of A47|
A Royal Observer Corps post that opened in 1960 and closed in 1968. The post was reopened in 1989 after the flooding of the King's Lynn post, but was closed again in 1991.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 6733 1598|
|Parish:||MIDDLETON, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Royal Observer Corps post. Opened 1960, closed 1968. Reopened 1989 but closed 1991; the reopening was due to the flooding of Kings Lynn post. Surface features intact, interior not seen by author or in (S1).
E. Rose (NLA), July 2000.
- ROYAL OBSERVER CORPS SITE (Cold War - 1960 AD to 1991 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in serial: Catford, N.. 1999. ROC Underground Posts in Norfolk.. NIAS Journal. Vol 6, No 4. pp 59ff. |
Related records - none
Find out more...