|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of deserted medieval village|
According to the Cambridge University Collection of Aerial Photographs a deserted medieval village exists in this area. The soilmarks of a ploughed-out bank and ditch along with several small enclosures have been noted here.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 9297 1224|
|Parish:||WENDLING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
31 January 1973. Cambridge University Collection of Aerial Photographs image.
List of sites gives deserted medieval village at this reference - no details.
Soilmark of ploughed out bank and ditch suggested by D. Edwards (NAU) as moat and other small enclosures to north. All in parish of Wendling and not partly in Fransham as previously suggested.
D. Edwards (NAU) 5 December 1985 and E. Rose (NAU) 25 August 1987.
NGR corrected from original TF 9299 1218.
M. Horlock (NLA) 7 April 2003.
- DITCH (Unknown date)
- ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- DESERTED SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- MOAT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Aerial Photograph: CUCAP BLP 17. |
Related records - none
Find out more...