|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Multiple cropmarks, multi-period coins and metal objects|
Multiple cropmarks of unknown date are present on aerial photographs of this site. Metal detecting on this site in 1999 recovered a small number of Roman and post medieval coins, as well as an interesting piece of worked jet or shale from the prehistoric or Roman periods.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 39|
|Parish:||NORTHREPPS, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
THE CROPMARKS DESCRIBED BELOW ARE NOW RECORDED AS NHER 38807-8.
1 July 1976. NAU air photography.
Cropmark. Many overlying rectangular enclosures, double-ditched trackways, linear features, some on differing alignments.
E. Rose (NAU), 4 November 1983.
This site is part overlapped by site NHER 33242.
August 1999. Metal detecting by multiple members of the public with Discovery Tours. Field twenty five. .
Two Roman and two post medieval coins.
Possible prehistoric or Roman toggle.
Medieval metal finds.
See finds lits, coin lists and original field finds lists in secondary file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), June 2000.
- LINEAR FEATURE (Unknown date)
- RECTANGULAR ENCLOSURE (Unknown date)
- SITE (Unknown date)
- TRACKWAY (Unknown date)
- TOGGLE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- COIN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- TOGGLE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN WEIGHT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- JETTON (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Oblique Aerial Photograph: Edwards, D.A. (NLA). 1976. NHER TG 2339A-B (NLA 28/AFH25-6) 01-JUL-1976. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...