|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic arrowhead and multi-period finds|
A Neolithic flint arrowhead, pottery dating from the late prehistoric to the post medieval periods, post medieval brick and tile and a key of unknown date found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 3833 9675|
|Parish:||HALES, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1983. Hales Survey site 92.
Arable, fine surface, rather sticky when wet. Spring growth barley to north.
1 flint gritted body sherd.
1 transverse oblique arrowhead (petit tranchet derivative). Identified by J. Wymer (NAU).
5 probably medieval unglazed.
3 glazed red earthenware.
4 early post medieval glazed.
1 stoneware 18th to 19th century.
1 post medieval black glazed.
1 brick/tile post medieval.
1 iron key uncertain date.
(S1) in file.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1983.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Undated)
- POT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TILE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 92. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Hales Survey. Hales Survey fieldwalking notes. |
Related records - none
Find out more...