|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flake and multi-period pottery|
A prehistoric flint flake and fragments of pottery dating from the Roman to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 385 970|
|Parish:||HALES, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
13 March 1983. Hales survey site 88.
Well weathered soil. Manure scatter only.
1 flint flake (identified by J. Wymer (NAU) January 1985).
5 Roman greyware.
8 Roman or medieval.
7 medieval unglazed.
3 oxidised Roman?
2 stoneware post medieval.
2 glazed red earthenware.
1 black glazed post medieval.
2 late medieval to early post medieval glazed.
1 18th to 19th century glazed.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU) September 1983.
(S1) in file.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||*Fieldwork: Hales Survey. 88. Hales. |
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Hales Survey. Hales Survey fieldwalking notes. |
Related records - none
Find out more...