|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and Roman pottery|
Sporadic fieldwalking and metal-detecting between 1983 and 2014 recovered prehistoric flint flakes, blades and scrapers as well as a small concentration of Roman pottery sherds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22 36|
|Parish:||ROUGHTON, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
September 1983. On south half on knoll approximately 400m southeast of . Collected from bare surface between rows of withered potato plants.
Struck flint (two flakes, one blade, two scrapers).
Information from F. Healy (NAU), 8 September 1983.
NCM card states this was 40m rather than 400m from , but map more likely to be correct.
J. Allen (NLA), 4 June 2004.
March/April 2005. Metal-detecting. Extended to whole field.
21 Roman pottery sherds (greyware).
Identified by A. Rogerson (NLA). See list in file.
A. Rogerson (NLA), 13 April 2005.
Updated by J. Page (HES), 6 February 2014.
March-May 2014. Metal-detecting. .
Neolithic/Bronze Age scarper.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 January 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BLADE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 701 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: NAU Staff. 1974-1988. Norfolk Archaeological Index Primary Record Card. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...