|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint tools|
Between 1972 and 1973 a range of prehistoric flint objects, including a scraper and knife, were recovered from the field surface and metal-detecting in 2014 recovered a Neolithic/Early Bronze Age scraper.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 834 204|
|Parish:||ROUGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1972-3. Surface finds. From Seventeen Acres Field, Ponders Farm. .
Collection not seen because not kept separate.
Scraper (27b), (40W), (302), (87Y).
'Miscellaneous tool' (1m), (75-8X).
E. Rose (NAU) 6 January 1981.
16 January 2014. Metal-detecting. .
Neolithic/Early Bronze Age end scraper.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 3 March 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Early Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 1501 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...