|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery sherds, rear of Old Hall Farm|
In 1979 and 1984 a collection of Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds were recovered from this location. Types identified included Late Saxon Thetford Ware and post medieval Staffordshire combware.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 2030 9608|
|Parish:||TASBURGH, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Six medieval sherds.
Information from NCM 8 May 1979.
Also five sherds Thetford Ware, two fragments roof tile of unknown date.
Finds held by NCM.
1984. Further finds in gardening.
13th century sherds; late medieval/transitional; possible Thetford Type sherd.
Post medieval sherds - lead glazed earthenware; stoneware including Staffordshire, Westerwald and German; Delft; porcelain; Staffordshire combware.
Clay pipe stem.
W. Milligan (NCM) 31 May 1984.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Undated)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...