|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of Winston church, Gillingham|
This is the site of the church of St Andrew or St Mary. It was formerly the parish church of Winston. Winston parish was joined with Gillingham in 1440. The church was abandoned by the 14th century.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 4006 9315|
|Parish:||GILLINGHAM, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Site of St Andrew's Church (Ordnance Survey).
Church of former parish of Winston (consolidated with Gillingham 1440).
R. R. Clarke (NCM).
 states that (S2) refers to the Church of St Mary of Winston, rather than St Andrew.
E. Rose (NLA), 30 July 1999.
- CHURCH (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Publication: Batcock, N. 1991. The Ruined and Disused Churches of Norfolk. East Anglian Archaeology, 51. Microfiche 5:G12. |
|---||Unpublished document: Davison, A.. 1999. Letter. Gillingham.. 17 July. |
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Serial: Blomefield, F.. 1808. An Essay Towards a Topographical History of the County of Norfolk.. Vol VIII. 210. p 68. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: 1362. Deed. St Mary's Church, Winston. 13 June. |
Related records - none
Find out more...